S-COVER is a line of water-based wood coatings for interior and exterior, formulated with raw materials PLANT BASED. The S-COVER product line is complete and allows to apply clear and pigmented matt coating systems for various surfaces such as: furniture , flooring , doors and windows .
S-COVER products are formulated with raw materials from renewable resources, more precisely from waste from the agri-food industry, therefore not in competition with human nutrition. Interior products have a medium content in mass of raw materials (PLANT-BASED) of 70% , while exterior ones stand out around 65%. The development of these products was possible thanks to the use of Decovery water-based acrylic resins.
What does the term “ raw materials from renewable resources ” mean?
It means that the resins and the chemical species that make up the product do not come from the cracking of oil (finite resource), but from the fermentation of waste from the food industry (a resource that is renewed).
Available packaging: 25 kg / 5 kg
Available gloss levels: da 5 a 30
- Download catalogue: download
The pigmented line allows reproducing topcoats of a remarkable variety of different shades and also includes a textured version, necessary to follow the market trend. Furthermore, various levels of final gloss are available, which can however be customized according to need. They can be applied either by spray or by brush and are dedicated to industrial use.
But what advantages are there in using PLANT BASED? raw materials
- The first advantage is surely that of not using (or using in minimal quantities) non-renewable resources, that is, all those sources that are consumed so quickly that it is impossible for them to be reconstituted following the same slow natural processes that have produced. Fossil fuels such as coal, natural gas and oil belong to this group.
- The second advantage is that of being able to exclude some steps of processing and refining of oil to achieve the necessary raw materials. This determines a substantial decrease in CO2 emissions of the entire paint production system, thus making it more sustainable and responsible.
The S-COVER line includes a series of products suitable for interior and exterior coating systems.
Interior coating systems can be:
- Pigmented version : They are the resultant of multiple products that includes a white sealer and pigmented topcoat of different nature (mono-component, two-component or textured). They can be easily customized according to the desired color or level of gloss.
- Clear version : They are the resultant of multiple products that includes a clear sealer and a mono-component or two-component topcoat, depending on the required characteristics. They can be easily customized according to the desired gloss level.
The exterior coating systems can be:
- Pigmented version : They are the resultant of multiple products that includes a colorless impregnating agent, a white sealer and a mono-component matt pigmented topcoat. They can be easily customized according to the desired color or level of gloss.
- Clear version : They are the resultant of multiple products that includes a tinted impregnating agent (with customizable shades), a colorless sealer and a mono-component matt clear topcoat. They can be easily customized according to the desired gloss level.
The systems are guaranteed and the duration of this guarantee depends on the system applied, which always includes the application of a coat of primer, a base coat and one or two topcoat coats.